Effective Date: April 2016
Price Self Storage appreciates that privacy and security are fundamental areas of concern for Internet users. Accordingly, we understand the importance of providing our customers and potential customers with meaningful notice of our business policies and practices as they relate to the collection of personal information so that visitors to our website can feel comfortable and make informed decisions.
What information is being collected?
- Personally Identifiable Information: This category includes information that would allow us to identify you personally. This would include, for example, contact information, like names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers, as well as billing information, like credit card numbers. For instance, if a customer desires to make an online payment, we may require the use of the customer’s credit card number. Personally Identifiable Information may also include information about your activities, demographic, geographic area, or preferences which can be used with other Personally Identifiable Information to identify you personally.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This category refers to information that is not intended to allow us to identify a specific individual. For instance, this website may track the total number of visitors to the website, the number of visitors to a particular page of the website, and/or other such technical information. This data may be used to diagnose problems with the website, gather demographic, geographic and gender information to improve our services or marketing efforts, improve our services and product, and for similar purposes. We may also aggregate or make Personally Identifiable Information anonymous so that it becomes Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
How Do We Obtain Information?
- Voluntarily Provided Information: Price Self Storage may collect information, which may include Personally Identifiable Information, voluntarily provided to us by the user. This information may be collected in coordination with a voluntary survey, information or service request, promotional contest, job application, or by similar voluntary methods.
- Passive Information Collection: Price Self Storage may also collect information, which may include Personally Identifiable Information, automatically when you visit the website. This information may include website "traffic" data or IP addresses (an IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer in order to use the Internet), or similar anonymous data. Information may be collected using technologies such as standard server logs, cookies, pixels, and clear GIFs or Web beacons.
- Third Party Information: Price Self Storage may collect information, which may include Personally Identifiable Information, from third parties or marketing partners, and add it to the other information collected.
How Do We Use Personally Identifiable Information?
Information collected by this website is used to furnish the information or services requested by the user, to enhance the operation of the website, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to customize our website content, layout, and services, or for similar purposes, to prevent enforce agreements, prevent fraud, illegal or improper activities, to address security hazards, to maintain a record of our dealings, to develop partnerships with third parties to offer products or services that our customers may be interested in, for administrative purposes, and for other legally permissible purposes. We allow you to “opt-out” of receiving certain marketing material, as discussed in more detail below.
When Do We Disclose Your Information To Third Parties?
Price Self Storage may share your information in the following situations:
- Service Providers: We may share your information, including Personally Identifiable Information with third parties or affiliates to assist in our business operations (e.g., to process payments, store data, deliver information, and perform other similar functions), or to provide the services you have requested. These third parties are contractually obligated to keep Personally Identifiable Information confidential, and to use such information on for the services we ask them to perform.
- Business Transfers: We may share your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, as part of or in connection with a merger, acquisition, assignment, as part of debt financing, the sale of company assets, or in any similar transaction, or to the extent as may be required in the unlikely event of insolvency bankruptcy, or a receivership.
- Protection of Price Self Storage: We may disclose your information, including Personally Identifiable Information to the extent that we believe doing so may be legally required, necessary to comply with laws, or in response to lawful requests or legal process. We may share such information where we believe it may limit our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit, or where otherwise necessary to protect our rights, interests and/or property (including, without limitation, to enforce our agreements), or that of our agents, customers, or the interests of others. In addition, we may disclose such information to the extent you have authorized us to do so.
You agree that we may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties as may have been aggregated (typically by the automatic processes described herein).
How is Personally Identifiable Information Secured?
We employ safeguards to help preserve our website user’s security and privacy and prevent the misuse of any Personally Identifiable Information. These safeguards are consistent with industry standards. In addition to other procedural safeguards, we use security software (SSL, or Secure Sockets Layer, technology) and firewalls to protect your information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we can make no representations or warranties regarding the security of any data exchanged through the website. There are potential security risks beyond our control. With this in mind, by using the website you acknowledge that you are transmitting data through the website at your own risk.
Other Important Information:
You should be aware that third party sites which display advertisements linking to our website may use a “cookie” to passively collect information to tailor advertising for you. We do not have control over or access to the third party data collected.
The data we collect from visitors to our website may be used appropriately deliver our online advertising through third party vendors, such as Google, or other sites on the Internet. The privacy policies for such linked websites may differ from ours, and you are encouraged to review them.
You may opt-out of receiving certain advertising tailored to you from Google or other parties by visiting the opt-out pages linked here or here, as applicable. In addition, you may modify your browser settings to not accept cookies.
We do not intentionally collect data from children. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected any such data, we will attempt to delete it as soon as possible.