As one of the most-used rooms in the house for many families, the kitchen deserves a major organization overhaul every now and again. Clutter naturally piles up in plain sight while beloved gadgets and other useful items are misplaced in the wrong drawer and missed but not forgotten. Now is a great time to take a critical look at your current kitchen storage situation as well as other ways you can optimize your favorite living spaces.
According to a study by Statista, the retail sales of kitchen gadgets and tools prove to be on the rise over the past decade. Data from 2017 showed kitchen gadget and tool sales topping $1.2 billion for the year. It’s no surprise, then, that these innovative implements continue to pile up in kitchens across the country. Here are a few clever kitchen storage tips to keep your gadgets and tools under control.
4 Creative Kitchen Storage Ideas for Gadgets
No matter if you’re about to upgrade your entire kitchen or simply spruce up your existing one, the process of organizing your cookware and utensils can be truly rewarding on so many levels. Consider these kitchen storage ideas to get you started.
- Start small and simple and assess your gadget collection. Don’t look at the entire task of organizing your kitchen, but rather a bite-sized piece of the whole pie. Organizing your kitchen tools and gadgets will leave you with extra space in your drawers and cabinets, not to mention a burst of motivation to achieve even more dramatic results. Go through your kitchen utensils and determine which you truly need all of the time, some of the time, and well, never. First, recycle, donate, or sell what you don’t need. Next, put those items that you only use seasonally—like Thanksgiving or Christmas, for example—into storage, and move on to more exciting cooking adventures with only the tools you need.
- Try a kitchen drawer organizer. If you store your utensils and tools in drawers, you can divide off different parts of the drawer for different kinds of gadgets. In a deep drawer, you can even store utensils in a separate container within the drawer. A utensil drawer organizer also helps you to see what you really use and need on a priority basis.
- Install kitchen cabinet organizers. Drawers aren’t your only options for storing utensils and kitchen tools. Hang hooks or a kitchen utensil hanger on the back of your cabinet doors for effortless storage.
- Create a kitchen tool kit. Best of all, you don’t have to store it in your kitchen! Keep your kitchen gadget goodie bag close at hand in the pantry or out of sight in a closet, cabinet, or other convenient storage space.
By the way, now may also be a good time to tackle your food storage system as well!
4 Kitchen Counter Organization Tips
Countertop storage tends to be one of those love-it or hate-it philosophies. Either you like to keep your items close at hand or you prefer a clean and clear work surface that’s uninterrupted by even the slightest amount of clutter. Whatever the case, here are a few countertop storage suggestions to try.
- Display your culinary tools. Use an attractive stainless steel or copper crock or bucket as a countertop utensil holder. The space right next to your range makes great sense for easy accessibility and attractiveness to the feng shui of the kitchen.
- Hang tools from a kitchen counter rack. The rack may stand freely or attach to your wall or upper cabinets for added stability and space savings. Keep your kitchen gadgets neatly and cleanly within reach for on-the-fly use.
- Choose a utensil carousel for added convenience. Simply place a few classy utensil holders or containers on a turntable and spin until you can reach the one you need.
- Expand your counter space with a kitchen storage cart. A movable piece of home décor like a cart or kitchen bar with storage adds a cozy, homey touch to your kitchen space. Enjoy the interior cabinets or drawers and make good use out of the bonus countertop.
Kitchen gadgets and tools are just one piece of the puzzle as you work to declutter your kitchen and your home. Find convenient personal storage locations near you for all your home’s overflow items with Price Self Storage.