Effective Date: 24 August, 2009
Last Updated: 24 August, 2009
Price Self Storage appreciates that privacy and security are fundamental areas of concern for Internet users. Accordingly, we understand the importance of providing our customers and potential customers with meaningful notice of our business policies and practices as they relate to the collection of personal information so that visitors to our web site can feel comfortable and make informed decisions.
What information is being collected?
This web site collects two types of information:
- Personally Identifiable Information: This category includes contact information, like names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers, as well as billing information, like credit card numbers. As will be discussed in more detail below, this type of information is used to provide web site users with the services or information they request. For instance, if a customer desires to make an online payment, we may require the use of the customer&apostraphe;s credit card number. This information is only collected if voluntarily provided by the web site user.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This category refers to information that does not identify a specific individual. For instance, this web site may track the total number of visitors to the website, the number of visitors to a particular page of the website, and/or other such technical information. This data may be used to diagnose problems with the web site, gather demographic information to improve our services or marketing efforts, improve our services and product, and for similar purposes.
How Do We Use Personally Identifiable Information?
Information collected by this web site is used two ways:
- Information is primarily used to furnish the information or services requested by the user. For instance, we may use information to respond to inquiries from potential customers or to process customers&apostraphe; requests to make an online payment.
- Information may also be used to enhance the operation of the web site, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to customize our web site content, layout, and services, or for similar purposes.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your Personally Identifiable Information to unaffiliated third parties that may wish to market their own products or services.
How Do We Collect Information?
Personally Identifiable Information is only collected when voluntarily provided by the user. This information may be collected in coordination with a voluntary survey, information or service request, promotional contest, or job application. Users are free to browse the web site without providing such information if they do not wish to utilize such offerings or services.
Certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information is collected automatically by our servers. This information may include web site "traffic" data or IP addresses (an IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer in order to use the Internet), or similar anonymous data..
When Can Personally Identifiable Information be Shared with Third Parties?
Price Self Storage reserves the right to share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties in the following limited circumstances:
- We may share such information with third parties or affiliates where necessary to perform the service(s) you have requested. For instance, we must release your credit card information to the issuing bank to process online payments. Any third parties or affiliates are encouraged and/or obligated to keep all information confidential and to use such information solely to perform the service(s) you have requested.
- We may share such information where you have specifically authorized us to do so.
- We reserve the right to report to the appropriate authority/authorities any activity that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful.
- We may share such information where we reasonably believe it is necessary to comply with legal process (for example, to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation).
- We may share such information where we reasonable believe it may limit our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit, or where otherwise necessary to protect our rights and/or property.
- We may share such information in the event of an insolvency proceeding or in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale, or prospective sale. In such an event, it is our policy to attempt reasonable measures to insure that any Personal Identifiable Information is not used for any purpose not authorized by web site users.
How is Personally Identifiable Information Secured?
We employ safeguards to help preserve our web site user&apostraphe;s security and privacy and prevent the misuse of any Personally Identifiable Information. These safeguards are consistent with industry standards. In addition to other procedural safeguards, we use security software (SSL, or Secure Sockets Layer, technology) and firewalls to protect your information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we can make no representations or warranties regarding the security of any data exchanged through the web site. There are potential security risks beyond our control. With this in mind, by using the website you acknowledge that you are transmitting data through the web site at your own risk.
Other Important Information:
We do not intentionally collect data from children. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected any such data, we will attempt to delete it as soon as possible.